After our recent Annual General Meeting and subsequent Board of Directors meeting, SpeakEasy would like to share a summary of the key points.
Over the last few months, we have raised approximately $15 million dollars which put us in a very healthy financial position. These funds will be used to further develop our Rock Creek facilities and for general corporate expenses.
BZAM Holdings now holds approximately 18% of the issued and outstanding shares in SpeakEasy. We look forward to utilizing the business acumen of BZAM’s team as we work together to grow the company for the benefit of the shareholders.
HEALTH CANADA LICENSING
SpeakEasy continues to eagerly await approval from Health Canada for a cultivation license. “We currently have all of the necessary key personnel security clearances and everything else in place ready to go tomorrow. We continue to speak with Health Canada on an ongoing basis and we hope the license is imminent, but we just have to trust the process.” – Brian Peery, President of SpeakEasy Cannabis
AGM MEETING NOTES
The following items were passed at the AGM which was held at 9:00 a.m. (Vancouver time) on Wednesday, April 17, 2019:
- The audited consolidated financial statements of the Company for the fiscal year ended July 31, 2018 and the auditors’ report thereon was received;
- The appointment Dale Matheson Carr-Hilton Labonte LLP as the auditors for the Company for the ensuing year and authorized the directors to fix the auditors’ remuneration;
- The number of directors to be elected for the ensuing year were fixed at five;
- The proposed directors were elected for the ensuing year
- the Company’s stock option plan; was approved
SpeakEasy’s continuous goal is to be a Company that our shareholders can be proud of. We are committed to our shareholders first and foremost, as we continue to build long term value in the Company. Communicating with shareholders is imperative and we continue to strive towards a proactive approach going forward. We’d like to ensure our shareholders to expect more frequent updates moving forward.
SpeakEasy appreciates your trust in us.